A short trip to Phu Quoc island via Mekong Delta will make your holiday more nicer. The beauty of the landscape along road as well as the activities of the trip such as sitting on hand row sampan go through the small canals, seeing orchard garden, chatting with local people, enjoy Vietnamese cuisine and seeing the early floating market in the morning.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh city – Mekong Delta – overnight in Can Tho (Meal: lunch)
- 07.00am, pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city and depart for Vinh Long. Stopping to take photos in Tien Giang town and overlooking the picturesque flat rice fields.
- Arriving to Cai Be district, getting on motorized boat along Tien River, visit the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels.
- Wandering into the small villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation.
- Cruising to Vinh Long through the small canals to explore the charms of the Mekong Delta. Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy, rice paper, rice wine and crispy rice popcorn are made.
- Arrive in An Binh village. Enjoy a lunch of fresh river food served in the heart of the garden.
- Getting on hand –rowed sampan a long canals where you can immerse yourself in nature.
- Return to the dock and proceed to Can Tho by road. After two hours driving, we arrive to Can Tho.
- Leisure in the evening. Overnight in Can Tho.
Optional: Overnight at homestay in Can Tho (Meal: dinner)
Arrive to Can Tho city. Transfer to a village in Cai Rang district by motorize boat, you will meet a friendly local farmer’s house where you will stay the night at their house. In the late afternoon, wandering around the village to see orchard garden or chatting with local people to experience the rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta resident.
Having dinner with family and enjoy some of kind traditional local cuisines. Overnight at farmer’s house.
Day 2: Can Tho city – Cai Rang floating market – Rach Gia – Phu Quoc Island (Meals: Breakfast, lunch)
- At 05.00am, boarding on a motorized boat to Cai Rang floating market. In the way, you can see many bustling activities along Can Tho riverbanks. You have chance to know how local people go fishing and transport passengers as well as product by the waterway.
- Approaching Cai Rang floating market, you can reappear the selling activities in the past by using a traditional “offering pole” for exchanging consumer goods.
- Return to the hotel and having breakfast, then proceed to Rach Gia for boarding the express boat to Phu Quoc Island (13.00 – 15.00). End service.
Private tour – Price is in USD per person
|Hotel grade||2 people||3 – 4 people||5 – 6 people||7 – 8 people||9 – 11 people||Single supplement|
Standard: KP Boutique hotel, International hotel
Homestay: Mekong Farmstay
Deluxe: Ninh Kieu Riverside hotel, TTC Premium Can Tho hotel
Luxury: Sheraton Can Tho hotel, Victoria Can Tho resort
Tour price includes:
- Private air conditioned transport for pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program
- Express boat ticket Rach Gia – Phu Quoc
- Hotel pick up and drop off service
- Mineral water on transportation (1 bottle/person/ day)
- English speaking tour guide
- Private boat trips in the Mekong Delta
- Private hand –rowed sampan
- All entrance fees
- Seasonal fruits, honey tea
- Southern folk music show
- Meals as indicated in the tour program
- Hotel accommodation base on two people share a double or twin room
- Nice and safe place for homestay optional
Tour price excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses.
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program.