This trip is the best solution for tourists who just have limited time for sightseeing in Ho Chi Minh city but also want to see the busiest floating market in Mekong River. Beside learning about Vietnamese history in the past and present through the remains of the city, tourists will also have more chance to see the beautiful natural landscape by cruising along Hau river or riding on bicycles around the village and see Mekong floating market.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh city – Cu Chi tunnels – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho (Meal: lunch)
- At 08.00am, picking up at your hotel and depart for Cu Chi to visit the tunnels, an underground network of tunnels constructed by Vietnamese fighters during the struggle for independence. The tunnels contained hospitals, accommodation, etc. and were used as a military base for the Viet Cong during the American war
- Then proceed to Mekong Delta. One the way, travelers will have chance to see these beautiful landscape along the road such as the green rice fields, the peaceful Vam Co Dong river and the busy Long An town. En route, Having lunch at Mekong rest stop where you can take a rest and see bonsai garden
- Then transfer to the pier boat for getting on a motorized boat. Take a leisurely boat ride in Tien river to enjoy fresh air, to see the peaceful life of the local people, Passing the stilt house, the fishing floating farm, the four Islands (Dragon, Phoenix, Tortoise, Unicorn)
- Then cruising to Thoi Son Islet that locates on Phoenix Island. Take a leisurely walking on the village paths, visit local people’s home, orchard garden and enjoy seasonal fruits while listening to traditional Southern folk music.
- Take a hand- rowed sampan through the creeks for sightseeing the natural water coconut trees a symbol in the Delta areas.
- Return to the motorized boat then cruising to Ben Tre province, visit coconut candy workshop to know how to make delicious candies by hand.
- The highlight of the trip is take a sightseeing through the peaceful villages by horse cart.
- 15.00, return to the pier boat and process to Can Tho
- After three hours driving, we arrive to Can Tho.
Optional: Overnight at homestay in Can Tho (Meal: dinner)
Arrive to Can Tho city. Transfer to a village in Cai Rang district by motorize boat, you will meet a friendly local farmer’s house where you will stay the night at their house. In the late afternoon, wandering around the village to see orchard garden or chatting with local people to experience the rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta resident.
Having dinner with family and enjoy some of kind traditional local cuisines. Overnight at farmer’s house.
Day 2: Can Tho city – Cai Rang floating market – Ho Chi Minh city (Meals: Breakfast, lunch)
- At 05.00am, boarding on a motorized boat to Cai Rang floating market. In the way, you can see many bustling activities along Can Tho riverbanks. You have chance to know how local people go fishing and transport passengers as well as product by the waterway.
- Approaching Cai Rang floating market, you can reappear the selling activities in the past by using a traditional “offering pole” for exchanging consumer goods.
- Having breakfast on cruise at the morning floating market with hu tieu and milk café
- After exploring the floating market, visitors will visit the place to see how they make rice vermicelli noodle and the orchard garden. Wandering in the village and try your best to cross the bamboo bridge which is built only one bamboo tree.
- 08.30am, return to Ninh Kieu Wharf and visit Can Tho market. You can try local cuisine here (on guest’s account)
- Transfer Cai Son village to look at the rural activities of the local people. Visiting fishing farm and see fishing performance.
- Then attend handmade traditional cake class and enjoy it.
- Having lunch in orchard garden. Then continue running along the village access the river, visitors sometimes see the rural activities of the local people and enjoy seasonal fruit at orchard garden. You feel like relaxing at the peaceful and quite garden.
- At 14.30, proceed to Ho Chi Minh city. The tour ends at your hotel around 17.30.
Private tour – price is in USD per person
|Hotel grade||2 people||3 – 4 people||5 – 6 people||7 – 8 people||9 – 11 people||Single supplement|
Standard : KP Boutique hotel, International hotel
Homestay: Mekong Farmstay
Premium: Ninh Kieu Riverside hotel, TTC Premium Can Tho hotel
Luxury: Sheraton Can Tho hotel, Victoria Can Tho resort
Tour price includes:
Air conditioned transport for pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program
Mineral water on transportation (1 bottle/person/ day)
English speaking tour guide
Private boat trips in the Mekong Delta
All entrance fees
Hand – rowed sampan
Handmade cake lesson
Southern folk music, horse cart
Lunch on Day 1 & Day 2
Breakfast on Day 2
Nice and safe place for homestay optional
Nice and clean hotel base on two people share a room
Tour price excludes:
Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program.